One of the biggest considerations you have to take seriously during your wedding day is the entertainment at the party. There should be music where every guest will gather on the dance floor. Choosing to have a DJ at your wedding is a good idea than hiring a band. DJ has no limit when it comes to playing music while the band has. So, if you are considering to hire a DJ, here are the dos and don’ts.
Don’ts in Hiring a DJ
- Don’t think that DJ job is simple. Do not assume that being a DJ is as easy as looking for a playlist in Spotify. You want to save a money so you decide to do the DJing for your wedding. The thing you don’t know is that it’s not an easy job. You are going to deal with guests and then with your playlist. You might end up exhausted before the party ends. Just hire someone who can play the songs for you according to different ages. You need to enjoy your party too, why not leave the entertainment to an expert?
- Don’t forget to be specific. Every wedding day is unique. What works with the other couple might not work for you. Make sure your DJ knows a wide range of music and be able to help you with the music according to your taste. A DJ should ask some question to narrow down the playlist. What are the age levels of the guests? What type of music do you like? What playlist he has for a grandma? How about your children? A professional DJ will giveyourideas based on his experience.
- Don’t get to your wedding without meeting your DJ. Being a DJ is not just about playing music. He is responsible also in the entertainment of your guests to have a good party. It is best to see what kind of person your DJ will be. Ask him if he is comfortable talking to the mic and how to entertain the crowd. You can find manyLas Vegas DJ eventwho are willing to meet you and have some chat before your wedding day.
Dos in Hiring a DJ
- Do be flexible with your budget. It is true that you get what you paid for. That is why it might be better to hire a professional than settling for a DJ with not so much experience. A professional DJ in Las Vegas will have a wide range of playlist, best kit for your wedding and will be a good entertainer. The experience of someone will determine how good he is at his work. You must also ask how long has he been doing his job. So, don’t try saving money for your wedding, if you want to have a blast, hire the best ones.
- Do ask for some help. Your wedding DJ has been to many parties and weddings where he already knows what will work and what will not. So, you can ask your DJ what will be good in the program and how you can contribute to the entertainment. Do not hesitate to ask for his opinion.